Thursday, January 05, 2006

Sweet Sarah..


Sweet Sarah just woke up...so I had a couple of quiet moments with her, getting her back to sleep...and reminded me of this peom my mom once gave me...

Babies Don't Keep

Cleaning and scrubbing
Can wait till tomorrow,
For babies grow up
We've learned to our sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs,
Dust go to sleep,
I'm rocking my baby,
And babies don't keep.

Each night when I am awake with her at 2, or 3 or 4 am, I think about all the other moms in the world that are doing the same exact thing at that moment.
I cherish those sleepy times, and will be sad when they are done.

Most children, when they put their head on your shoulder face away from you. Sarah faces in. It is one of the sweetest moments of motherhood so far.
Good night sweet Sarah.

No comments: