Friday, January 11, 2008

Fun Monday


I have joined a group of bloggers who have created a "Fun Monday" This is my first time being a part of it, and I think the topic for this week is great!

A website that has changed your Life...Holy Cow! Only one website has ever changed my life dramatically...http://www.shiningstarsingles.com/

This is where Paul and I met almost 10 years ago...dating on-line was still pretty new...risky and looked at strangely by others...but hey, I was young single and lived in a town where there weren't very many prospects...let alone anything to do on a Saturday night besides surf this new thing called the Internet...so after a few attempts, I finally met someone who peaked my interest longer than a few e-mails. We never sent pictures or talked on the phone. We just e-mailed each other at least two times a day for over a month....then...we met. And I knew on that very first date that he was "The One" we dated for 2 years and have been together ever since...coming up on 8 years of marriage...there is even an article about us on their website...http://www.shiningstarsingles.com/dp.asp?section_id=2&post_id=18101

Check it out...it is when our first daughter Mia was a couple of months old...so...there it is...a site that changed my life!

16 comments:

Joy T. said...

A great site. Here's to many more years together!!

Kaycie said...

That's very cool. I was married long before the internet was a big deal, so I found my hubby the old fashioned way -- at work.

Sandy said...

Awesome! I love happy endings!

Terrific post.

-Ann said...

Sweet story. Thanks for sharing!

Tiggerlane said...

Well, how awesomely cool is that? And welcome to Fun Monday - you'll enjoy the group!

janet said...

how cool for you guys!

welcome to fun monday!

Sieglinde said...

Touching story....thanks for sharing it. I love the look of your blog too! I'll be back (and you'll know, because I'm not a lurker!)

kitten said...

That is truly an amazing story!

nannykim said...

woweekazowee--It did change your life! ;-)

Alison said...

Yea...the first dating website listed!! Congrats!! Welcome to Fun Monday!!

Pamela said...

That IS a life changer.
Congratulations. Now I'm heading over there to read it!

ChrisB said...

Welcome to Fun Monday. Now that really is a web site that changed your life~ what a wonderful story.

Sauntering Soul said...

Welcome to Fun Monday!

I also listed a dating site as the site that changed my life. Glad to hear there are other successful stories. Congratulations on 10 great years together!

my4kids said...

I think your the second or third in this group to say you met your spouse on the web and all from back when it was a new thing! That is pretty cool I think.

Robin (the PENSIEVE one) said...

I back tracked a bit since I didn't get to a lot of FM posts last week; yours sounds like a WONDERFUL love story, and I don't blame you--that website CHANGED YOUR LIFE! You've got a baby to show for it!

Wahooo!

Of to read yesterday's post, too :).

lisa's chaos said...

How nice! I met my hubby online too. :) Sorry I somehow missed visiting you on the appropriate monday. :(