Monday, January 21, 2008

Fun Monday



Here's the assignment. For those of you who did NOT post a picture of your view from your front door, then your assignment is to post a view from your front door. To do this you stand in your doorway looking outside and take a picture. That simple. We (I) want to see what you see when you look out your front door.
For those of you who DID post your view, link back to that post you posted a year ago, and then re-list your very first post ever. We want to see how far you've come baby! Also, if you can, post the comments you received on that post.


Well outside our door, is not very exciting...in fact, it is not supposed to be our front door anymore...up until this past Saturday, you would have seen a "For Sale" sign in front of our house...we recently took it off the market...since in 8 months it obviously didn't sell...


If you peek around the corner of our house, you will see a new fence being built, by Juan, our local handyman...who even works in the rain. We are using this fence to entice a new family to buy our home...a yard...is what we are told will sell our home...along with new flooring, new paint, pictures of my adorable children added here and there...etc. At least that is what the interior designer we hired told us...6 months ago.

13 comments:

ellen b. said...

Your area looks peaceful I hope you are able to sell your home soon...

Linda said...

The front porch looks so pretty when its all wet and shiney!

Sandy said...

Your world looks so pretty and glisteny.

Thanks for sharing.

Karmyn R said...

Also looks like you had some rain!

susan said...

The market stinks right now. Good luck on selling, maybe the fence will help...

Christine said...

I'm having rain envy! I wish it would rain some more here.

Very pretty shot of your porch!

Michelle said...

You have a lovely little porch!! So cute and cozy!!

eclecticblog said...

Your neighborhood looks so nice. Good luck on selling your house.

Pamela said...

for some reason this post made me want to sing "don't let the rain come down, my roof's got a hole in it and I might drown!"

maybe there was a reason you weren't supposed to move yet. There is probably a special family out there that will be the ones that are supposed to buy it. I hope they find their way to you when the timing is perfect.

Cynthia said...

Rain makes me want to curl up inside and read a book.

Robin (the PENSIEVE one) said...

OOooo, Pamela's comment is so true; timing IS everything!

We've sold a few houses over the past 18 years, and it's NEVER been easy for us! It always amazes me when I hear those "sold in less than a week" stories.

I wish you the best with this, and hey...next year, this time, I bet you have a NEW view to show us! Then, that little fence project would've been well worth it! :)

ChrisB said...

Good luck with the house sale~ the right person will come along when you least expect it. That porch looks very appealing to me!

lisa's chaos said...

I love your porch! I think I would spend hours on it.