Sunday, April 27, 2008

My husband...


My husband is really one of the greatest men I know. In one sentence, "he puts up with me." That should say it all!
I rarely have the time to sit down and write about him. Don't worry, I won't write a novel.
He is first and foremost, a man of God. I see this daily as he leads our family. He is wise, and a well studied man. He is a man of intergrity and one who seeks God.
Secondly he is a family man. I remember when we were dating, I would watch him with my nephews and just be in awe of how he intereacted with them.
Third, he is the man of my dreams.....faithful, fun, hard working, outdoorsy, athletic...the list goes on.

So, during the past year, I have started working. I only work about 30 hours a week. And about 25 of those hours are from home.

The other 5, are spent outside of the house, on none other but one of His two days off...Saturday. So this includes him taking care of our 3 little girls. It's not easy, they are 4, 3 and 1.

He is just so great with them. Although, he rarely ventures outside of our home, my girls are fed, dressed and well taken care of while I am gone. Who could ask for anything more?
My girls adore their Daddy. Each time the front door opens, Emma yells "Daddy!" When they wake up in the middle of the night, they ask for "Daddy"(okay, a little selfish here...but I don't mind this at all)
This week, my two oldest began doing "Chores" their reward was "Ice Cream with Daddy." They are currently at the dinner table enjoying their treat.
I guess, I am just feeling blessed. The little that I wrote here, is a grain of sand in how lucky I am to have found such a man.

No comments: