Friday, August 08, 2008

5 months of late nights...

=

=



So, I helped write a book last year...a resource book for moms that live in this area...it just came out...I saw it in the store...
I hadn't received my copy yet, so I forked over the $19.99 and got one of my own...not too shabby, I guess it had alot of cuts and the rest of the crew who put it together with me were unhappy with it...but I had other plans...(oh, and yeah, the day after I bought my copy..I got one in the mail, talk about timing! Now I have 2!)
So as you can see...my plans are pictured above. I had always wanted to do a triathlon...but I knew I could never fork over the moolah to buy a bike. So, when the opportunity came up to help with this book, I jumped at it...and hubby gave me permission to spend my wad on a new bike. Thus, I spend 5 months, working into the wee hours writing my 6 chapters of this Coast Mama book. But in the end, I got the dough, got the bike, and finished my first of many to come triathlons on that great bike pictured above!!
I have since done 1 other triathlon...slept through another..darn alarm clock! And have 3 more on the books...so 5 months of slaving away while others were sleeping... = new bike...=PRICELESS!

No comments: